Audio does not work
If your microphone does not seem to be recording any audio, please follow the steps below:
- Close applications other than Videolind that use your webcam and microphone. Applications such as Skype and FaceTime may interfere with Videolind's ability to access your webcam and microphone. This is especially important on Windows, as the Windows operating systems allows only one program to access the webcam and microphone. You may need to restart your browser as well in order to "reset" video/audio access.
- Test your video and audio setup on our video/audio testing page — https://www.videolind.com/video-test/. When you go to that page, you should see the webcam video feed and some buttons to record a video and play back the recording. Try recording a short video and see if it makes any difference. Note: any videos you record on the testing page will not be uploaded to our servers or any third parties.
- Lack of audio could be either because of some speaker issues, or the fact that your microphone is muted/disallowed. On the video test page (see Step 2), click on the green box next to the URL, you should see the following popup where both the camera and microhpone are set to allowed.
- If nothing seems to work, restart your computer to ensure that the microphone is not being used by another application. You can log back into the interview via the link that you received in your email.
- Use a newer web browser. The most recent versions of the following browsers are supported:
- We've compiled some links for you below to troubleshoot your microphone based on your operating system.
Audio cutting in and out
There are a couple of potential solutions for audio cutting in and out during a one-way interview. The issue seems to be related to specific hardware as Skype has experienced this as well.
Select a different microphone
The first suggestion is to select a different microphone in the media settings menu of your browser. Different browsers have the settings icon in different places, but it is usually somewhere on the address bar. You should be able to select a different microphone (if available) from the popup settings menu.
Ensure microphone is plugged in properly (for external microphones)
If you're using an external microphone (one that plugs into your computer,) make sure it is plugged in all the way. If it is partially plugged in, you may experience intermittent audio. Make sure the correct microphone is selected in the browser media settings.